Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Sun is Shining

Here is my monthly update, as it seems that I can only find the time and energy to write once a month. Hopefully, I can kick it up a notch, but I make no promises!

The infection I had turned out to be a cyst of some sort, and I had to have an inCISION and drainage (those are the only details I am sharing on that) and was prescribed ten more days of antibiotics on top of the original two weeks, equaling 3.5 weeks of antibiotics. Of course, it takes a toll on your body while on antibiotics- at least mine does, and let's just say I've had other complications during those 3.5 weeks. The antibiotic worked though and all that remains is a tiny red scar from the incision.

I've been job searching for nearly four weeks, and while I have applied at several different places, there have not been any call backs. Until today, that is. I was teaching Audrey this morning when my phone rang. It was Barnes and Noble, one of the first places I applied. If you know me at all, you know this is a dream job for me. I absolutely love literature and reading. English major for a reason, and no, it was not because I loved writing papers. The interview is set for next Tuesday. It is a group interview which makes me think they are hiring for seasonal help and need several people.

Not only did I receive that call today, but I was also contacted to set up an interview for a private tutoring position with Sullivan Learning Systems, a tutoring company located here in Fresno. That interview is set for tomorrow morning. If all goes well, I may be able to take on both jobs as they are both part time positions.

Flowers picked for me by Aidan and Olivia. There are more in the box!
Life is good here in California, even though I've been nervous the past few weeks about finding a job and starting my life. I know God has it figured out and as Titus, who is ten years old says, "He has a plan for me." :)

This is an adventure in the making, and I will keep my little blog world (my 17 followers and few visitors) updated as much as possible. I think it is going to be a fun ride!

1 comment:

Matt Shipman said...

Yay for jobs! it's always nice to have money :)