Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Latest Inspiration...


I recently watched one of my favorite movies, You've Got Mail. Well, actually I watched it twice. I love the story- how innocent Meg Ryan is, the relationship between her and Tom Hanks, and the children's bookstore. I absolutely adore The Shop Around the Corner. 

It is this movie that has inspired me to do something I never thought I could do before. I love children's literature. If you asked me to list my favorite books (not just children's books), most would be children's lit or Juvenile Fiction. I've always loved reading, and children's books are just so much fun to read. Being an English major, I was able to take a class at Truman on children's lit. That combined with You've Got Mail and I have found a new career! I've never been so inspired by a movie. 

I would like to open a children's bookstore, just like The Shop Around the Corner. A place for kids to come listen to stories and play but to also be able to buy the books they love. I doubt it would soar in Kirksville, but I could see it in a city...as long as Fox Books isn't around the corner, a.k.a. Barnes and Noble. :) Just imagine me in that picture instead of Meg Ryan, wearing the princess hat. :)

If you have never seen You've Got Mail I definitely recommend it. It is adorable and funny. I think I might watch it again...

1 comment:

Serenity said...

Oh, I LOVE this dream! Love, love, love it. And I love this movie. I've also gathered a lot of life philosophy from Nora Ephron's movies. :) She just gets things.